Sports Photography Training Course
Learn the skills of a professional Sports Photographer
What could be more exciting than capturing stunning photographs of your favourite sporting star? Well Unshaken Photography Training Ltd have been running sports photography training courses for the past five years and have just released new dates for 2017. Run with a maximum of two delegates, our sports programmes are tailored to your specific needs. The courses are ideal if you are looking to start out on a new career, if you are simply looking to take better sports pictures of your children or want to simply combine your passions for sport and photography.
Sports photography course options
We offer two sports photography courses:
- One day introduction to sports photography
- Two day professional sports photography programme.
During our one day sports photography course you will work with both your own equipment and professional photography equipment to cover the following topics:
- Getting the most from your equipment – camera, lenses, tripod / monopod
- Essential camera set-ups – shutter speeds, apertures, ISO
- Sport specific set-ups
- Sport image considerations / Shooting for editorial – backgrounds, details, timing key moments
- Sports photography equipment – cameras, lenses, monopods, tripods
- Event shooting
- Post production / works flows / Adobe Photoshop & Lightroom
Our two-day professional programme is run on a 1:1 basis so that you receive specific instruction based upon your current skill level (if any) and goes on to additionally cover
- Image critique / portfolio building
- Industry insights: – Working with agencies, pricing, suppliers, how to break into the industry
- Industry specific software
By the end of the two day course you will have:
- Shot at a professional live sports event
- Practiced how to get the most from your photographic equipment
- Developed your own professional post production work-flow
- Developed your own shooting style
- Started or enhanced your sports portfolio
Sports photography course fees:
- One day beginners programme – £195
- Two day professional programme (run on a 1:1 basis) – £320
Locations and times of sports courses
Your sports photography course will be spent shooting at a live event with award winning photographer Nick Wood who is proud to be the official photographer of Essex County Cricket Club. Nick is an agency listed photographer and therefore offers a unique insight into the sports photography industry.
Places are extremely limited on this programme and restricted to two delegates per day (one per day on the professional 2 day course). If you want an action packed day working with the highest specification equipment at a top level sports event then contact Nick on – 01245 494258 to discuss available dates and to book your place. Alternatively you can book a one day or two day course from the list below (for the 2 day option simply pick the first day of the course when prompted and pay for the two days – Nick will be in touch to confirm you booking and finalise details.
Why shoot cricket? Do you offer any other sports?
Cricket is a unique sport in that it goes on fro a long time providing plenty of time to shoot whilst the sportsmen and women run, jump, hit, throw, catch and dive all of which provide wide scope for shooting. The skills you learn are transferable to any sport and in our experience cricket provides the perfect place to learn.
If you are looking to become a sports photographer then this photography course is ideal for you and will provide the perfect starting point in this rewarding industry. For amateur photographers, hobbyists or parents of children playing sport then this is the opportunity to catch those stunning images that prove so elusive.
Please call 01245 494258 / 078 666 78 688 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Please note that gift vouchers are available.
Please note that unshaken Photography Training are not responsible for the weather or can guarantee that a full days play will occur. No refunds are available for cancellation of play or weather interventions. Dates shown correct at time of site update – please call to confirm dates availability.