Beginners Photography Courses
Beginners photography courses run in Chelmsford, Cambridge, Maidstone and St Albans
Our beginners photography courses are the ideal place to start if you are new to digital photography and want to get the most from your camera. Both beginners modules are very practical, you will leave having practiced all of the essential camera controls.
Book the beginners bundle of both modules for £160 and save £50 off the combined price – select your choice of location and first module date from the booking boxes at the bottom of the page and choose two day ticket. Alternatively call Nick on Freephone 0800 8199 379 for the saving.
Module 1 – Introduction to Digital Photography (£95 1 day – Level 1)
Learn to take control of your camera and utilise it to its full potential on this beginners photography course.
- Understanding and getting off auto
- Essential camera controls: – ISO, aperture, shutter speed
- Camera modes: Manual, AV, TV, S, P
- White balance & colour controls
- How to blur backgrounds – controlling depth of field
- Capturing movement – landscapes, wildlife, sport
- Dealing with difficult conditions – Indoors, at night
- Editing your images – Lightroom & Photoshop
If you would like more information on this module please click here.
Module 2 – Advanced Photography Course – Taking Better Pictures (£115 1 day – Level 2)
Elevate your photography to the next level on this one day advanced photography course. During this day we visit a series of locations practicing advanced techniques and controls you will leave having practiced shooting a wide variety of topics.
- Understanding light / dealing with difficult light
- Composition – rule of thirds, foreground interest, layering, framing, animation
- Key camera controls – exposure compensation, focus tracking
- Shooting indoors & at night
- Advanced post production / editing
- Image critique
All courses are run with small class sizes to ensure that everyone learns in a comfortable and fun environment. You can borrow a camera free of charge if you don’t have your own (just let us know in advance).
Get off auto
Book your course
Special Offer – Book the beginners bundle of both modules (Levels 1 & 2) for £160 and save £50 off the combined price
Simply pick your choice of location from below, select the date for module 1 and choose 2 day special offer as ticket type. Nick will then be in touch to discuss when you want to attend your second module.
– Alternatively call Nick on Freephone 0800 8199 379 or 01245 494258 for the saving.
Chelmsford Beginners Photography Course
Cambridge Beginners Photography Course
Maidstone, Kent Beginners Photography Course
St Albans Beginners Photography Course
The short video below shows you just what happens on one of our courses and you get to hear from some past delegates.
Beginner Photography Course – Chelmsford, Essex, Kent, Cambridge & Hertfordshire
Our beginner photography course are run in Essex, London, Kent and Hertfordshire within easy reach of a station or close to good parking. If you need any help with directions, parking or accommodation then please contact us for help and assistance.
Each of our photography workshops focuses upon three core principles of technical, creative and commercial competence ensuring you receive the very best standard of learning. If you would like more student testimonials then please feel free to get in touch.