If you are looking to become a professional photographer then our six month long diploma course is the perfect starting point. Over the duration of the course you will work on the technical, creative and commercial aspects of establishing a thriving photographic business. Aimed towards those looking at becoming portrait, wedding or commercial photographers this programme provides you with all the necessary tools.
You may be completely new to photography or already an established photographer – either way or modular programme will help you to develop the skills and portfolio needed to move your business forward. Our professional photography programme will equip you with great technical skills whilst you work on building a solid business plan and a great set of images to win over clients. There are optional modules on photographic basics and wedding photography whilst five portrait sessions with professional models will boost your portfolio.
- Module 1 – Introduction to digital photography (optional)
- Module 2 – Advanced photography skills (optional)
- Module 3 – Introduction to portraits and lighting
- Module 4 – Business planning
- Module 5 – Post production and editing
- Module 6 – Marketing / Branding
- Module 7 – Portraits on location (portfolio builder)
- Module 8 – Pricing for profit / sales funnel
- Module 9 – Commercial / corporate photography
- Module 10 – Portrait shoot – portfolio builder 2
- Module 11 – Portrait shoot – portfolio builder 3
- Module 12 – Portrait shoot – portfolio builder 4
- Module 13 – Sales / suppliers / products
- Module 14 – wedding photography (optional)
The programme is run through a series of Wednesday evening and Saturday sessions with the next cohort due to start in August 2020. The dates for the next cohort are:
- Saturday August 22nd
- Saturday September 26th
- Wednesday 30th September
- Wednesday 21st October
- Wednesday 4th November
- Wednesday 18th November
- Saturday 28th November
- Wednesday 2nd December
- Saturday 5th December
- Wednesday January 13th (2021)
- Saturday 16th January (2021)
Wednesday evenings run from 18:30-21:30 and Saturday sessions run from 10:30-16:00 all from Chelmsford, Essex.
Run from Chelmsford in Essex this professional programme lasts six months with a combination of practical workshops, small group and 1:1 sessions. You will receive on-going telephone and email communication in addition to the group classes. You will be required to develop a professional portfolio which will be continually assessed and you will receive individual guidance and feedback on your assignments.
Cohorts are limited to a maximum of twelve delegates with course fees for the programme being £975 paid in four instalments (£175 initial payment required to hold place on the programme).
Should you wish to join the next cohort, please contact Nick using the form below. Places are strictly limited and all applicants will need to have an initial chat with Nick prior to joining to ensure it is the right course for you.
Please note that those delegates at passing the assessed course will receive a certificate issued by Unshaken Photography Ltd. This is not a recognised qualification as no qualifications are required within the photographic industry. All delegates are encouraged to submit their portfolios to be assesses by professional bodies which Nick can assist with.